Thursday, December 19, 2013

MISS ALL OF THE THINGS




Twenty things I will miss when I leave:

(these are from the top of my head and in no particular order)
  1. The brief moment of endless possibilities when I walk into Tesco
  2. Mcvities biscuits- chocolate (dark of course) and plain (with either cheddar or Wensleydale cheese)
  3. The sound of rain hitting on my window
  4. The sounds of Saturday night during the game at Malone's
  5. Having a sit down with a cup of tea, only planning to stay for a little, but actually talking for an hour
  6. The top view of Arthur's Seat and from the top of the Craigs
  7. Kilimanjaro Coffee
  8. Living with such fantastic people
  9. The sound of bagpipes emanating from nearly every single shop on the Royal Mile
  10. Waving to tourist buses and feeling like a local
  11. Having a flat dinner where everyone leaves their phones for a little bit and we chat and catch up with each other
  12. The smell of the earth after the rain
  13. The sweeping majesty of the Highlands
  14. Learning how independent I can be
  15. How I take a splash of milk and two spoonfuls of sugar, and make it strong or not at all
  16. Being able to walk literally everywhere 
  17. Always feeling safe, even in Cowgate 
  18. Learning how I work as a person, I know this sounds strange but in the process of living here I have learned a great deal about myself and what kind of person I am and who I want to become
  19. The beautiful collection of books in the library
  20. Most of all I will miss all of the wonderful people I have met here.

UGH. 

Until my next post


xxoo

E

No comments:

Post a Comment