Thursday, December 12, 2013

I am Lady Gaga

I'll explain the title later, there is a wee bit of back story to it before though, so just hang in there, I promise the pay off will be good. This past weekend I went to Paris, and oh my word it was beautiful. I know I won't do it justice in this post, so if you want a more comprehensive blog on student living in the beautiful City of Lights then please go check out my friends blog here. She's brilliant. Anyway back to Paris as seen through a person who has been living in Scotland for a wee bit now. I got off the plane and was blown away by how large the airport is. Keep in mind, in Scotland we have our airport (it's a dear little thing), and our bus system (which still baffles me into a terrified stupor), and taxis. So as you can imagine I walk pretty much everywhere I can. Before studying here at the University I used to complain about a five minute walk- now a standard walk for me is around forty minutes. To reach one of my favorite places- Arthur's Seat (which I have climbed five times so far) its a forty- five walk to the beginning f the 2.5 hour hike. So you can imagine that I was blown away by the efficiency of the tube system and the RER which is also a train system but not the same type of train system so you have to buy two different tickets but the look the exact same....


I ended up staying in this great little hotel tucked away down a quiet street in the centre of Paris. It was perfect and the bed was HUGE, and in there were three of us staying in the room and we could all fit comfortably in the bed. After pretty much throwing our bags in the room we ventured out into the night (don't worry mum and pop we were safe) ANYWAY, we went everywhere over the next couple of days, and there were times (like in the Sacre Coeur and Notre Dame) when I was a complete sobbing mess- so I had to:

Paris is one of the most beautiful cities I have been to, it has this color pallet of creme and perry winkle purples and blues. Ugh, c'est belle! And the people I met there were all kind and patient, god bless them for listening to my fractured French babbling. I walked to the top of the Arc de Triumph- and the view was so utterly breathtakingly beautiful, I ate a croissant UNDER (yeah I said it muthahtruckin' UNDER) the Eiffel Tower, and at one point a guy called me Lady Gaga (I don't see the resemblance other than the fact we're both blond... well sometimes we're both blond) REGARDLESS my feelings the entire weekend were along the lines of:


Flying back I had a 10 HOUR LAYOVER IN LUTON AIRPORT. It's actually still too recent to talk about, so heres a couple of gifs, one for each hour I was there.

Hour 1:
Hour 2:
Hour 3:
Hour 4:
Hour 5:
Hour 6:
Hour 7:
Hour 8:
Hour 9: 
Hour 10:


So yep.... those all pretty much happened... Anyway I've been back in Edinburgh for a wee bit now, and I am in the thick of finals, so keep your eyes peeled for a post on that. And as Effie has so famously said:

Until the next post!

xxoo

E

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. You're brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag, Liz! :) I'm glad you had such a great time in Paris - Sacre Coeur is just amazing, I love Montmartre. It'll be so weird to go home to Maine next week!

    ReplyDelete